Sunday, October 02, 2005

A week in review





-Wowza! It has been more than a week since I posted and it feels even longer. So where do I begin? Okay, I got some great mail this week; including two snazzy packages from my lovely Mom which held fabric, patterns, felt, buttons, and other vintage treasure including the monogramed hankies pictured above. Thanks Mom-I love you! I also got a sweet card from Jackie, James' Grandmother and a beautiful postcard from the port2port girls. If you don't know what I am talking about, you should-they are visualbloggers and now proud owners of a letterpress and have the best eye for beautiful things. Thanks Mav! Go here to visit their blog.
I finished the armwarmers (see above) and will be sent to a friend in a faraway place as soon as I can finish the matching scarf. The yarn pictured in the same scan in destined to become the cowl from Last Minute Knitted gifts. It is so nice to knit right now, the rain has returned to Portland and it is beautiful.
-I found out this week that I won't be able to go home for Thanksgiving. I am really sad because it is also my Parent's 40th anniversary and I will be the only kid out of nine that will not be there. I won't go home until Febraury- which will be more than a year since I have been back. Mine and James' schedules are so different, it is impossible for us to go home before. It's kind of a bummer because my sister Alison had a baby a few months ago who I've yet to meet and my brother elopped with his girlfriend and moved back to Cali from DC and I haven't met her either!!!Oh well, I just had to vent a little-I should be lucky that I can go home-many people can't. I think we will have a potluck here, with some friends-heh at least everything we eat will will be vegan...
-The fabric above is an Amy Butler print I purchased for the construction of my Back-tack partners bag. Isn't it cute? I want to keep it...I can't give away anymore than that.
Tuesday is my 2nd wedding anniversary-so I will be posting soon. Any thoughts on some little surprises for James? Seriously-it is hard to shop/craft/create stuff for men sometimes.

7 Comments:

Blogger lisa s said...

wow... nice week! :)

happy pre-anniversary! hope you do something nice... guys are very hard to buy things for i think... esp. for an anniversary... mine likes to cook so i always get good kitchen gadgets....

love that fabric too... sigh....

4:27 PM  
Blogger castoncastoff said...

hey abby, loving the arm warmers and the fabric! is that from a new amy butler range? we usually do a meal out or i cook something special for our anniversary. it'll be 6 yrs next month. I'm thinking champagne and a quiet night

1:09 AM  
Anonymous hartini said...

Hi! Just passing thru. Lovely arm warmers!!! I love them! :) Hope to see more of your stuff.

3:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to Watson's, Kim says hi and is so glad to hear about the new job. What can you get a guy who has it all (you). More years of the same would be good.
Happy Anniversary,
Lesa and Brian

11:23 AM  
Anonymous mom said...

Hey Girl,Your arm warmers are great. You did an awesome job.I love 'em. Happy anniversary to you and James. It's hard to believe its been two years. Love you both.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous miriam said...

I ♥ the postcard nad the pattern.

nice blog! =)

6:47 AM  
Anonymous miriam said...

nad = and

sorry! =)

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home