Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Secret Pal 6 questionaire

Okay. So I am participating in Back-tack II, Vintage Swap, and Secret Pal 6-not to mention the contest still has a little more time...Phew! So here is the post for secret pal 6-my secret pal-you know who you are! Sorry everyone else-this is boring.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
-umm..I guess I am a snob. I will use red heart/lion brand for this random square throw I am doing (if anyone has some they want to trash). But if I am going to spend so much time making and wearing something, I would like it to be nice. But I definitly don't spend $25 a skein...

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
-I have crocheted before, but not at this time. I would love to do some amiguri (japanese crocheted animal toys). I do not spin-would love to learn!

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
-no..but I don't care for the smell of smoke and my husband can't stand anything smelly.

4. How long have you been knitting?
I took some lessons two years ago with my mom-but have only been a "knitter" for the past seven months

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
-yes

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
-lavender-or-cucumber melon

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
-yes-chocolate only-no candy

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
-I like to sew, make cards and collages, cook, I am obsessed with Japanese craft books-(look at my flickr to see)

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
-um...kinda a music snob. I guess you can call the music I like indie rock or post that -magnetic fields, elliot smith, the evens, I like bluegrass too

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
-any color can be right in the right setting. I really do love red. I hate country blue!

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
-I am married..which is kinda like a pet...

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
-to move to France, become an expatriate, live on a farm, raise children, make our clothes, and can our food-no politics-co consumerism-own my own sheep and love some goats

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
-help me find out!! I hate cotton (except blue sky alpaca organic cotton-that's awesome!)

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
-whoops-see above for the answer

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
-I love rowan stuff-they are so pretty ;0 i like weird fashion-y stuff umm..but not crazy weird

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
-I'm still kinda new-I love the glampyre stuff I've made her patterns are simple and contemparary

17. What are you knitting right now?
-wristwarmers and random squares from my stash for a blanket

18. What do you think about ponchos?
-oy-no! but...I have seen ONE I liked...but no!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
-depends on the project-I do love my addi turbos though!

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
plastic or addi turbos-I want to like bamboo, I really do, but I just can't!

21. Are you a sock knitter?
-no-in my dreams

22. How did you learn to knit?
-took some lessons with my mom a few years back, but the teacher was a little frustrated with me. Then, (7 months ago) my mom showed me how she started knitting continental and it "clicked"

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
-3 months-I don't want to talk about it!

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
-animated character...? I guess I like penguins

25. What is your favorite holiday?
-Thanksgiving

26. Is there anything that you collect?
-yes! Vintage and strange virgin mary memorabilia, Native American tchotckes (piggybanks, book ends...), old rosaries

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
-none-but I always buy interweave

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
-yeah-I'll put them on my wishlist with priority one ok?

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
-i do like rown vintage patterns (I guess thats a book too)

ETA: 30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
size 8 shoe-don not feel like you need to make me socks-that would be too much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home