Saturday, September 10, 2005

100th post and a contest!



Well, I feel a little better-now the waiting begins....
***Thanks to ANOTHER Lesa-this time my mother in law for mailing me these handknit pincushions and pins. I really need some-desperately and i love the colors! You are so awesome-keep on craftin'
***The cat pictured above is (well-a horrible scanned image) my first attempt form the Denyse Schmidt quilt book. I love this cat. It's a little wonky-but so cute. It is made from a sweater I found on the sidewalk that was felted, some fabric from swaps, and a recent thrift store button score. It was a quick sew, and I even stuffed her with an old lumpy pillow! What should I name her? She was to be a gift for my niece Brianna's 5th b-day, but I think I should make one with better seams and felt eyes. No choking on buttons for Bri-Bri! So-the contest-What should I name this cat? Anyone can enter, anyone! If I chose your suggested name, I will mail you a package of goodies. So-just leave your idea for the perfect name as a comment and I'll pick a winner by next Wednesday-so get on commenting people, tell your friends! I'll make it worth your while! I will also publish a cuter photo of my kitty next week!
***
keep your fingers crossed for me...I find out about my job next week...

12 Comments:

Anonymous mom said...

The pinchusions are great. Did Lisa make them? Your cat is so awesosme. I'm so proud of you. How about Checkers for a name???So whats going on with the job? Have you had a interview? Hope you get it. Love ya

2:52 PM  
Blogger krissy said...

i don't know why but kitty looks like a "morgan" to me. i think your neice is going to love getting a little kitty like this. you're probably right about changing the eyes to felt though. good thinking...

3:17 PM  
Blogger lisa s said...

my vote is for setina or marchessa boccella

both rose names! [and pink ones!]

4:40 PM  
Blogger jenny vorwaller said...

um...theodora rose.

hope you get that job!! :)

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Lisa (eye on the sparrow) said...

How about...Rosalie Thornberry?

My fingers are crossed!!

1:26 PM  
Anonymous waytomanysisters said...

Abbs Its time to get some real names goin here.I feel the best name for this fine animal would be scrappy crappy catty a fine runner-up possibly Juan Gato. I will do my best to come up with some more. P.S. Abbs dont count out Trapper Keeper, Miss America, Tiffany and all the other great cat names

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Abby,
I think he looks like a
"Willie Wonky". He's quite handsome. Love your blog.
Aunt Diana

10:08 AM  
Blogger molly said...

Abby--when my daughter wakes up from her nap, I will get a name submission from her--she comes up with the best names for her animals and imaginary friends...oh, i think the cat looks great. It is just the perfect amount of wonky-ness!

12:50 PM  
Blogger molly said...

So, I THOUGHT she was asleep--she just wandered in while I was checking out your blog--she says, "mommy, I want you to knit me that kitty! We have buttons for it, too!" Anyway, she says she will name the kitty "soulah" As in "soul-uh"..by the way, she's three years old...

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Nicole said...

Hmmmm. Chockitty Bangbang.

1:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think her name is Wilhelmina Curbside.
Lesa

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Violaine said...

lovely your cat

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home