Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Self Portrait "single Moms"


Well, here I am with my little sister Maci and our cabbage patch kids. Over the years I think I had over ten cpks all together. I loved them so much and until about the age of 12 I believed that they would come alive at night - crying if they had a bad day or throwing a party if it was a good one. My sister Ally just had a new baby, Sean Michael. I wonder when I will be a mom. Will the many years of raising cabbage patch kids help, or was that in vain?
***
I had my six-month review at work yesterday. I cannot believe James and I have been here that long! I feel like our apartment is our home, but I really miss my friends. I need more crafty ones-hello sam-move here please!
***
I am searching despartely for a Martha Stewart Living Mag that had a small article on embroidery which included an embroidered dishcloth turned into a cookbook cover. If anyone knows what I am talking about-please email me with what issue it is-I am losing my mind. I've looked on the web index and can't seem to find it. Thanks!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Maitreya said...

Hi, try February 2001. :)

5:32 PM  
Anonymous emma said...

Oh, I had three cabbage patch kids! One bigger girl and two baby-ones and I mothered them about to the age of 12 too. They were my absolute favourite toys ever. Now they are somewhere in my mother's attick, I think. I should go and try to find them some day, reading your post makes me kind of miss them...

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you locate the issue you were looking for? I was going to suggest the February issue I gave you but I don't recall the year. I think there were heart shaped sugar cookies on the cover. I bet you can make your own pattern if you don't have any luck finding copy you looking for.
Huggs and Kisses to you both,
Lesa

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home