Friday, August 05, 2005

I want to copy everyone and craft Japanese




So I am so totally obsessed with this site. Just about every interesting blog I look at has mentioned Japanese Craft books at least 100 times in the past several months and I have finally caught the bug. I always found them adorable but when I actually went to amazon.jp and found out how cheap and attainable they are-I lost it. The teapot I embroidered on linen above is super tiny (about 1 1/2 in) and will be part of a tiny coin purse. My favorite "zakka" (Japanese craft) book is one called point. You can see beatiful pictures here. What simple, yet stunning projects are in it! I must have it.
***
I went to the fabric thrift store and scored some cool vintage fabric and interesting buttons. The yellow one reminds me of Mary Englebriet (but not as cheesey). I really want to start quilting I love modern qulits-but these ones are too cool. No knitting-it has actually been really hot the past few days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home