Sunday, August 21, 2005

I heart garter stitch


Today I am feeling a little crampy and not so hot (very cold actually) and am knitting an incredibly easy, long, scarf. Above is an up close picture of it. I bought this very thin brown and fern green wool a few months ago at Knit/Purl before I realized I only need to buy exactly the amount of yarn for a lovely project-not an inexact amount for no particular reason. So today, I am just surfing flickr while I knit this scarf. I think that the two yarns held together and knit look cool. I'm gonna add some tassels and I think I will be sporting it this fall. Sometimes I get all caught up in the fact that I need to be braching out with my kniting (like tackle those socks!) but sometimes I feel it's the really simple stuff I actually like to wear. It's like "do I knit to knit-or do I knit for thr product"?
***In other news, I got a new Japanese craft book. It's awesome. The patterns use old clothes, tea towels, blankets, etc. You can see photos starting here.

2 Comments:

Blogger lisa s said...

what great yarn... some of my favorite colors... :) at least you can choose to knit to knit or knit for a product. i can barley knit!

did you get a camera? :)

2:04 PM  
Blogger molly said...

great yarn colors! that will look great this fall. sometimes, just mindless knitting is really therapeutic for me...but i have to be really excited about the end product (and the yarn) to keep at a project.
Hope you're feeling better soon...you sound like you have my symptoms from last week! :)
molly

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home