Friday, August 12, 2005

Hospital visits and more craft books




Well, today James and I had it off and we were prepared for an adventure-and I guess in one way, we kind of got it. As we were descending in the elevator from the parking garage to my work (it is payday after all) James recieved a phone call from Zack informing us that our friend Bob is in the hospital. I'm sure Bob would not appriciate me getting uber personal here but he has pnuemonia and is hooked up to ivs and an oxegyn machine. It was so strange to see a young man of 25 years like that. I've had a few friends who have passed, but the deaths were sort of freak accidents. Now I am not suggesting that Bob is terminal by any means-just that I've never visited a young ill friend in the hospital and it was strange. I hope he wil be ok........
****
Not to change the subject.....but on a happier note...here are some of my finds over the past few days. I got a Japanese paper craft magazine and a Donna Hay magazine-both of which will be in the mail soon as part of a swap. The paper book is really cool, I am just not that great at paper crafts. The Donna Hay magazine is kind of like an australian cooking Martha Stewart. It is truly beautiful but almost all the recipes include meat. So I am swapping with one of my flickr contacts and I am so excited!
****
Also, thanks to Maitreya over at craftlog and James' mom-the magazine I was searching for was the Feb. 2001 issue. Above is the picture I was searching for-so cute!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Mom said...

Hey Girl, I'm home. We had a great time. I missed looking at your blog. You've posted some pretty awesome stuff. I hope your friend gets better. Love ya

6:51 PM  
Blogger joy madison said...

ooooooooooh! japanese PAPER crafts.....lovely! right up my alley!

10:39 PM  
Anonymous emma said...

Hey Abby, thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment. I know exactly what you mean. If you ever want to talk, drop me a mail :) (emma@emmalaiho.com)

11:53 AM  
Blogger ms*robyn said...

Donna Hay is a wonderful magazine, I think it comes out 4 times a year* maybe more. I buy it every time and have quite a few now. Good to see that you are joining the vintage swap...

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home