Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Golly I need a camera


So, I started this blog as a place to show my family what I was up to-mostly my mom and the knitting I began when I moved to Portland. Slowly, as I made my way into blog universe, I have discovered some interesting people and the crafts they do-dare I say-internet friends? I never thought of myself as a person who would be able to make friends over such a strange medium. After seeing these ladies lovely creations I yearn to post my own yet all I have for posting is an 8inch by 12inch scanner-no camera at all. I have pretty much faked it until this point; borrowing a friend's camera occaisionally, stuffing books onto my scanner, grabbing images off the web or taking photos with my dinosaur camera and posting them via scanner. But oh, I am so sick of faking. I need a camera! I made a great embroidered bag that was inspired by new Japanese book but I must wait to borrow a camera. So here goes-James and I didn't want to buy a clunky camera just cause it was in our price range. We wanted to wait until we could spend a good amount of money and get a really nice one. But you know-I just want to clunk down a little chunk o change and get one right now! Does anyone have any reccommendations? I am no pro, so I was thinking a little easy to use kodak would be cool. What do you all use? Thanks for the help! (by the way-the photo is a postcard I made out of boredom and a want to be able to post SOMETHING-anyone want me to mail it to them?)*I updated my links-check them out*

9 Comments:

Blogger molly said...

I have a Canon PowerShot A75. So far, its doing everything I need it to do. I did a decent amount of consumer report research before I purchased it (or santa purchased it). It is a beginner camera, but has a few more bells and whistles than the basic digital. All the pix on my blog use it. Good luck!
molly
http://mommycoddle.typepad.com

12:46 PM  
Blogger lisa s said...

hey there.... cannons and nikons are usually the best in the digital world.... better lenses and good picture quality (esp. when it comes to color). if you just want to put things online you won't need a lot of megapixels, but the more you have the better (and bigger) you can print... get one! it will change your blog life (and flickr too!) p.s. i have a cannon S70 - be sure and look online you can always get a good deal... email me if you want to "chat more"

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what we had in mind for your "together" Christmas gift. But you would have to pick it out. Let us know what you have in mind.
Lesa

2:37 PM  
Blogger aimee noel said...

I just recently got a Samsung DIGIMAX U-CA 5 from Costco for $200. I took it to Hawaii and I love how the pictures turned out. I realize that I don't really need the 5 megapixels, but it's nice! (And you can choose between 3 colors.. lol)

I haven't used it on my blog yet, but I totally plan to.

5:12 PM  
Blogger sue said...

my favorite digicam is a canon powershot S230 elph! it has so many features and the ability to create some of the most amazing photos. the best part about this camera is its size - you can fit it in your pocket!!!

p.s. i added your blog to my crafty blog site!!!

5:19 PM  
Blogger ♥ joleen ♥ said...

I love this!

I have a Sony Mavica CD 350 and love it :)

8:21 PM  
Blogger walterfrie36536844 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:51 PM  
Anonymous lyn said...

I have a Canon Powershot too, don't know anything about cameras, but it must be idiot proof as I haven't had any problems so far.-Touch wood.

1:14 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

I love my digital camera! Knit bloggin wouldn't be the same without it :) I've heard really good things about the Nikon Coolpix, and I have a Canon powershot S50 which I really like a lot. It's pretty basic, but does a good zoom and comes with some good computer programs for picture management. Hope you find a good one!

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home