Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Self-Portait Tuesday-I mean- Wednesday


Again, I'm cheating. My friend April Henderson drew this picture of James and me and put it in a beautiful frame for our wedding present-isn't it lovely? I miss April a lot. I lost touch with her when we moved to Portland because she was at some mountain retreat and would be there for several months. Visalia kinda works that way. You think that you needn't worry too much about keeping in touch-you can always go back to the same coffee shop or restaurant and see all your friends. Maybe she'll find this and email me.
So, after posting my frustrations about knitting the "ubernatural" pattern I was able to sit down and knit it. I don't know what happened-the pattern and I just clicked. I now have all but the ribbing on the sleeves done. I love it! I am knitting it with two strands of Cascade Eco-wool held together. I would love to make them for Maci, Cassie, and Katelyn. Once I got it-it was a super fast knit. Lindee is visiting this weekend, maybe she can take some photos!
It finally became summer here in Portland. I was laughing at all the people dying from last weeks 90 degrees. But, Karma is a *&%# and it got a little humid-and I about croaked. I'll take 110 degree dry heat in a town where everyone has central air over 90 degree humid heat when it was 70 the day before.

3 Comments:

Blogger joy madison said...

Hello, Self Portrait Tuesday-er. I'm posting to everyones blogs because I've started a Self Portrait Tuesday Pool on Flickr. Please join it so we can see everyone's in one place!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/35826298@N00/

11:40 PM  
Anonymous mom said...

I love that picture. I think its a great idea to use it. Its so cute. It looks just like you and James. We just got back from Hartland. It was great up there. Tiff and Michael went with us. The trek is starting from Camp Wortman. I tshould very interesting. love ya

9:19 PM  
Blogger joy madison said...

I love this illo of you two...so cute!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home