Thursday, July 07, 2005

Felted Beauty


So I've heard through the rumor mill that Marta McCall, the creator of this beautiful felted bag, will be teaching a felting class in Portland very soon!(For pattern of the bag check out Interweave Knits Fall 2005-totally awesome!) Could this be true? I must find out. What a talented artist she is. I literally think that this carpetbag is the most beautiful piece of felting I've seen! I can't wait to figure this one out.
*****
In other news...My "bottom up" sweater in Noro is coming along quite nicely. I snagged the "pattern" from glampyre and I really like the way she knits. She just says "figure out how many stitches you have per inch, and multiply it by the number of inches you want your sweater to be". Now, it's like "duh" but I really needed that simple explination to get me going. I also cast-on for Lindee's felted lap-top bag. The pattern is from Interweave but was reprinted from a book called "AlterKnits". I'm excited to see what else the book has.
******
Just getting news of the bombings in London...my heart goes out to anyone there, there are several wonderful knitbloggers over there and I hope all is well. Londoners are in my thoughts and hopes today...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this bag. I like the periwinkel coat and red boots too. What a great emsemble. Your blog and off shoots are so much fun. See you soon.
Lesa

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Martha said...

I think that bag is unbelievable. You're going to make it! Can't wait to see the finished piece.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Marta McCall said...

Hi Abbytysagain! It's me, Marta McCall! Thank you so much for the kind words about my Weekend Getaway Satchel. The rumors are true, I am teaching several classes on the Satchel in the Portland area. For more info, call The Cozy Ewe in Oregon City or Wool 'n Wares in West Linn. Keep up the good knitting! I love your site! Marta

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home