Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day and buy nothing

Just wanted to give a shout out to my Dad-happy father's day (and James' dad, too). You really should all be amazed-my dad is alive and well after raising 8 crazy girls and 1 boy!!! It's truly amazing, I know. I can't fathom how it was done, the money, the stress, remebering names...thanks dad-we totally owe you one (I mean, we owe you a LOT).
********
Today I decided that I will buy nothing until my fam visits on the 2nd of July. Now, there are exceptions to every rule, I will allow myself 5 food items and to mail JuJu's promised package (I can't be a flake)-but other than that-I will buy nothing. Maybe this sounds normal to you, maybe it sounds crazy-but I need to do it. I have a bunch of new knitting books, decent enough yarn, some notions, fabric, magazines, more than enough to keep me busy. Recently I find myself buying food out when I have more than enough at home, buying coffee-when I get FREE drinks at work, and obsessively buying books and magazines, when I have more than I can handle. I must stop. I'm thinking I will try to create something new everyday as well. I want to continue this all summer-but not while my sisters are here-that can't count. It seems so silly that I have to declare a "Buy Nothing Fortnight" but I've just got to do it.

4 Comments:

Blogger knitnquilt said...

You are so awesome. I love everything you do. Can't wait to see ya.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just trying to see if I can comment without a blog

7:00 PM  
Blogger joy madison said...

that's cool! good idea! I had a non intentional no spending for a fortnight! We just moved and had NO money, I mean NONE, and that is so weird for me.....it was HARD! How did you do?

10:58 PM  
Blogger joy madison said...

btw....EIGHT GIRLS!!!! Whoa!

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home