Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Clapotis and Knitcast

So I admit it. I have joined the Clapotis mania! I realize I am late jumping on this bandwagon, but I just wasn't ready yet. (For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, I am referring to the pattern found on Knitty.com that has become very popular.) I don't know which yarn I am going to use, but am totally up for some suggestions. This scarf brings back memories of the year I spent living as a student in France. Let me tell you, a scarf can make an outfit and Clapotis is so that scarf. While I was surfing for some Clapotis ideas, I ran into knitcast.com- A RADIO SHOW ABOUT KNITTING!!!! My two loves have married and I am so happy to find it! The most recent edition features Kate Gilbert, Clapotis designer. I am so adding it to my links when I can. I must admit there are a few boring installments (the show involving wendyknits was a little above my head) but overall it is so cool. Download an installment and knit as you listen!
****
Also, we had a yarn swap at SnB last night and I ended up with tons of pale green cotton(?). ---And there was a man knitter---I should embrace this, but I have to admit, I was a little surprised at first, but Todd is so good.This guy is totally cool and teaches sock and glove classes. Maybe I will be inspired enough to tackle some socks!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl, that is a beautiful scarf. You'll have to show me the pattern . I think we're going to leave on Thur. nite. So we'll see ya Friday morning. love ya

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home